Realty 33, Inc
Social media has taken the modern world by storm. People today are more connected than ever before thanks to platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. In terms of real estate, this means that many potential homebuyers are starting their home search online. If you are planning on selling your house, you will want to make sure that Internet advertising is part of your marketing plan. Here are just a few examples of how to market on social media.
1. Zillow Listing- Posting on Zillow is an easy way to put your property in front of thousands of potential homebuyers. To do this, just type in the address of your home and click on "owner" tab. Then you can fill in the details about your property such as the price and number of beds and baths. Make sure to write up a nice concise description and use high quality pictures. When you are finished, publish the listing and share it on your favorite social media platforms.
2. Facebook Groups- If you live in a town that has a Facebook group, this can be a great way to reach potential buyers that work or live in the area. Share your Zillow listing or create a post from scratch with a short description and nice pictures of the property. Remember to tell people how to get in contact with you.
3. Facebook Ads- This is a little more advanced and requires some basic understanding of "pay-per-click" advertising works, What you want to do is create an ad that targets potential home buyers that live or work near your home. For the ad you'll want to include a nice picture and a short description with a "call to action". Tell buyers where to go or who to call for more information. Finally, set your daily budget and how often you want the ad delivered. Once the ad is live you can monitor the traffic and feedback using Facebook’s ad management tool.
4. Video- Take a short (less than 5 minute) video of your home and post it online. The video should either be a virtual tour or a slideshow. Make sure to use a good quality camera and keep the video professional. Edit the video to include your name and contact information at the bottom. Then, post it to YouTube with the property address as the title. Once your video is live, link to it on your social media.
5. Hire a Realtor- The tips listed above are just a couple of examples of how you can use social media to market your home for sale. There are many more. Creating and monitoring all of this content can be time consuming. That's why sometimes it's better to leave it to the professionals to do it for you! By now, all good realtors should have added social media to his/her marketing tool belt and know how to use the power of the internet to get more people interested in your property. Look for a realtor that is tech savvy, can adapt, and has a good online presence.
At Realty 33, We tap into 25+ years of experience and market know-how to help our clients make streetwise real estate decisions.